Resistance is Futile by Tracy Kosofsky

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I have nearly failed at blogging

and I have DEFINITELY failed at digital design! After a brief flurry of creation, I have been so busy the last couple months that I have barely had time to catch up with my own layouts (including finishing out the first year in Alexa's dance and school days albums). Between Alexa's birthday (three parties), dance rehearsal and recital, Mother's Day, getting ready to sell our house, and just general craziness, things have been, well, crazy! I have managed to get a few layouts done and below are a few of my favorites. I really do plan to get back to design and offering freebies, but no promises as to when. We're hoping to take a trip to Russia in early June :).

Here are a couple paper layouts I did for my Book of Me (the first uses stock photography):



and here's another paper (based on a Becky Fleck pagemap):



And finally, some digital. The first two are based on sketches by my friend Amy, who is battling cancer. You can visit her sketch blog HERE.


Credits to the following:
Background striped paper by Amy Teets (O Springy kit, some recoloring done)
Flower templates, ribbon template, folded flower action, messy ribbon action and ribbon knotting action by Christine Smith
Brads and staples from Atomic Cupcake's silver necessities kit
Staples embedded into the page using the embed layer style from Scrap Girls, also used Scrap Girls paper textures



Credits to:
Paper and elements from the Mommy Dearest Kit at Booland Designs
BVA Grungelle Brush Set and TCS Beautiful Distress Brush Set at ScrapGirls
Atomic Cupcake distressed edge, ink and rub on actions




I did this digital layout for May's Anything Goes challenge at Feeling Scrappy, and it is based on a layout by Rachel from the message boards. Credits:
Chipboard and rub on actions by Atomic Cupcake
Water drop layer style by Christine Smith
Paper textures by ScrapGirls
Background paper is TCS_ArtJournal_12x12_Checkerboard_ SPECIAL, a newsletter freebie from ScrapGirls

No comments: