- People here are really, really friendly. Strangers smile and say good morning. Amazing!
- I like the cold much, much more than the heat - I've confirmed that with a week of 20 degree weather
- It's very strange not to dial the area code before the phone number for local calls
- I forgot that dry air = lots of little shocks
- No sales tax on clothing?? SCORE!
- Every thing is cheaper here - groceries, car insurance, homeowner's insurance, car registration (although gas is about the same as FL)
- Highways with hills and big curves rather than flat open space will take some getting used to, especially in the snow!
- Getting a driver's license and car registration in PA is convoluted. However, registering a foreign adoption is not (no court proceedings).
- The logistics and number of things to do when you move with kids (especially 1 in school) are exponentially greater than with no kids.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
after my first week in Pennsylvania -